Table of Contents
- The Pin Ghost by E T Corbett
- The Mysterious House by Mrs M C Despard
- Not Exactly a Ghost Story by Mary Louisa Molesworth
- A Bristol Ghost Story by Alice Horlor
- The American Ghost by Lucretia P Hale
- The Ghostly Lady by Harriet Elizabeth Prescott Spofford
- The Room with the Staircase by Mrs E Fitzmaurice
- Miss Tweed’s Ghost Story by Sarah Doudney
- A Night in a Haunted House by (Mattie) May Jordan
- The White Priest by Hélène Gingold
- Grannie’s Ghost Story by Lucy Hardy
- The Ghost of My Dead Friend by Wilhelmina Fitzclarence, Countess of Munster
- Playing the Ghost by Mrs Edith E Cuthell
- A Chestnutting Ghost by Margaret Barringer
- The Phantom Ride by Lyllian Huntley
About the Book
Following the success of A Suggestion of Ghosts, British Fantasy Award-winning editor J.A. Mains presents a second all-female anthology of ghost stories written between 1876 and 1902. Mains has once again been trawling the archives to find another fifteen tales, fourteen of which have not been anthologised since their original publications.
Featuring cover art from multiple time British Fantasy Award-winner Les Edwards, and an introduction by Melissa Edmundson, AN OBSCURITY OF GHOSTS will be another important volume for those interested in the Victorian era of supernatural tales.
This hardback edition of AN OBSCURITY OF GHOSTS will be limited to 50 numbered copies, each signed by editor J.A. Mains and artist Les Edwards.
Link to Preorder